Sunday, August 29, 2010
Chk Chk Chk...
Saturday, August 14, 2010
THIS COMP KILLS FACISTS VOL. 2 - Trailer
If you are a Grind/Powerviolence/Fastcore/Thrash fan and haven't checked out THIS COMP KILLS FASCISTS VOL.2 yet...well, you should. IT KILLS. Clocking in over 70 minutes, this CD features a whole bunch of incredible bands that define where this scene is heading.
I may be biased, because my super-close Boise bros, Hummingbird of Death, are featured on this comp. But so are Portland's very own, Superbad.
(I love this compilation, and I'm pissed because my copy was jacked when my Jeep was broken into last month.)
Anyway, If you're interested in getting your face melted off with meaning, then stop by the store and check my pick shelf.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Lady Gaga is on fire!!!
Daptone is one of the best...
Friday, August 6, 2010
The Top-5 albums Levi is taking to the desert this weekend.
I’m helping my buddy Gabe with his Senior short film this weekend. It’s called “Escolta”. The next 3 days will be spent south of Burns, OR, where not much grows besides juniper and sagebrush. It will be a complete Bro-Fest,though, and I'm personally going to make sure we gots some great tunes.
Anyway, here are the 5 most important albums to ensure a good time for this one:
5. Blue Cheer-Vincebus Eruptum. There’s only one way to listen to this classic made by one of the original power trios from the 60s. Crank the volume up! It’s gonna be loud!
4. Hawkwind-Space Ritual. I have a feeling it’s going to get weird out there, so I might as well beat it to the punch. Hawkwind invented space rock, and this double disc is their swansong. It’s a total trip-out adventure from start to finish. Don't try to understand it, just like it.
3. Electric Wizard-Dopethrone. This British doom metal band made the perfect soundtrack for when you just can’t turn the damn heat off. This one feels like you could bake a meatloaf on a picnic table just by pushing play. It’s “Sweetleaf” slowed down, and it's HEAVY… HEAVY… HEAVY. Be forewarned… and be patient. (and don’t do drugs, kids.)
2. Tabla Beat Science-After enduring that last pick, I think I’ll probably need to chill-out a bit to some eastern-influenced electronica, featuring the prolific Bill Laswell and tabla master Zakir Hussain. It should be good for an epic sunset.
1. The Stooges-Funhouse. What better album is there to rally to after a long, hot day of shooting footage of 2 dudes pulling a handcart, than Iggy and Co.’s infamous! OWWW! Anyone wanna shotgun a PBR?
Honorable mentions: Turbonegro-Apocalypse Dudes, Cream-Disraeli Gears, CCR-Chronicles, and Carla Bozulich-Red Headed Stranger.
See ya’lls on Monday, that is if I don’t get bitten by a rattlesnake. Stop on by the store if you don’t have any of these. If we don’t have it, I bet we can order it.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Speaking of the Best Coast...
Wavves has a new release...
We have a first! Employee called in sick due to Jellyfish sting.
Meantime, the rest of you come on down at midnight for the new Arcade Fire. Listen to it today at NPR.org