- EARLY OPENINGS: Downtown and Sandy Blvd. in PDX will open at 8 a.m. Beaverton will open even earlier at 7 a.m. Yes! We'll have some coffee for ya.
- Bellingham WA store will open at 9 (the usual) but Seattle will open at 9 a.m.--an hour earlier than usual.
- HOLDS: Don't call us to put an RSD title on hold for you before April 16. April 17....sure, we'll put items left in stock on hold for you.
- WHAT'S IT LIKE? People WILL line up outside before opening times...if you're determined to get your prize you'll need to join them...or send a surrogate. We will be BUSY, especially in the morning, so bring your patience. We'll have coffee!!
- DO YOU HAVE? We won't have everything. We can't tell you with 100% certainty what will be in stock...some titles get canceled, some get allocated and we get way fewer copies than we ordered, some titles ship late....but it's all about the hunt, yes? The full list of releases can be found at www.recordstoreday.com
- HOARDING: You cannot come in and buy up all copies of a title. We only allow 1 copy of a title per customer. Why....? Because "flippers" (e-bay etc.) would come in the first five minutes and take everything. We can't stop people flipping and jacking up the price online...it's the world we live in. But we can make it a little harder for them.
- BE NICE: Please don't push and shove. We will have some bins of just RSD product, some titles out in the artists' sections, and we will DISTRIBUTE MORE PRODUCT throughout the day...so those people making it out in the afternoon will actually have a chance at getting a good selection.
- JUST LIKE IN GOLF--THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO HAVE FUN: Please have fun. Don't be a hater. This whole thing is to get people into independent records stores (we're not dying yet...but RSD is a HUGE boost and a huge day for all of us). So take it for what it is...a day to hang out at the record store, chat with other collectors, fans and even people just starting their LP library!
Friday, April 8, 2016
Just a word about Record Store Day, April 16.